I recently moved in mid 2016 and honestly this is a pretty great complex for the price. I've done plenty of research before I went here and toured the place twice before I decided to sign the lease. I feel like people don't understand that unless you're willing to spend about 2000/mo, you're NOT going to be living in a luxury apartment complex. And even then EVERY apartment complex has its issues. With that said, this place has some really good pros and some "eh" cons. (I could write more but I don't want to make a gigantic review)
* The Price - For the square footage and multiple plans, it can be decently easy to find something AROUND your price.
* The Location - seriously, this is one of the best spots. Target's right across the street, Walmart 5 minutes down hampden, King Supers and its gas station is 5 min away, you're by a light rail station, the highway is about 10 -15 minutes to the highway during rush hour, and there's a movie theater too. I find myself finding everything i need no more than 10-15 minutes away from home (by car).
* Friendly staff - people have mixed reviews about the staff in nearly all apartment complexes - saying they are "too blunt" or "not amiable enough". And this is one thing I wish more people understand. They are DOING THEIR JOB! They aren't supposed to be your best friend. If you bring your required paperwork, pay your stuff on time, and be professional with them, they will treat you with total respect. Basically, BE AN ADULT AND DO YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES and you'll be fine. Devon is personally my favorite.
* The Walls - I know this differs for every unit (cause everyone has different neighbors) but I can't hear my neighbors pretty much ever. The only time I have was when one of them were having sex (loudly) or when they were fighting. I.E. yelling is a rare occurrence and even then you can SOMETIMES hear it.
* The maintenance staff are really fast. When I moved in, I had a few cabinets loose and the back screen off its track. (Keep in mind the complex was built in the early 80s) Both were fixed that day. I had a disposal leak once and that was also fixed that day. If you give the leasing office a call in the morning, they'll work with you.
* They have a LOT of ducks around the complex. It changes seasonally (gone in the winter) but I'm not really one for flying things. Their poop is everywhere when they are around.
* Washer / Dryers not in every unit. Granted there is a laundry room in each building but it can sometimes be an inconvenience.
* Packages are delivered / dropped at your door. I've never had an issue with people taking anything but it would make me feel better if packages were sent to the leasing office instead of the apartment.
* They try to push you towards their website for information (ie dog breeds/ pet costs, other additional stuff you could ask) but you cant really find what you're asking for. I usually have to ask them either by calling or heading to the leasing office.
* There isn't a central light/fan in the living room or bedroom. It can be annoying if you dont have the proper lighting on your own but once you get that it's not terribly a big deal.
There, 5 and 5. Basically, KEEP IN MIND THAT NOT EVERY APARTMENT IS GOING TO BE PERFECT. But if you are respectful and willing to work with the leasing office, you won't really have any problems.